Most Needed Food
- Baked Beans
- Brand Name Cereal
- Boxed Pasta
- Boxed potatoes
- Canned Fruit
- Canned pasta meals
- Cake/Cookie Mix
- Pastaroni, ricearoni
- Spaghetti Sauce (Jar)
- White Tuna
- Toothpaste/Tooth Brushes
- Household Cleaners
- Reusable Grocery Bags
Please do not donate expired and out of date product. We are not able to give to our clients and must throw it out.
Food Donation Guidelines
Our acceptance of product is governed by two criteria:
- Public health requirements
- Our commitment to providing a healthy balance of nutrient-rich foods encompassing all the food groups.
We can accept:
- Shelf-stable products
- Shelf stabled dairy and juice that have a usable shelf life per the manufacturer
- Excess inventory from promotions, seasonal merchandise, and national or private-label products
We cannot accept:
- Packaged perishable and frozen foods
- Unlabeled products or products removed from its original packaging
- Damaged products or products that have exceeded shelf life
- Repackaged or opened products
- Prepared food that has been exposed to public self-service
- Product that has been thawed
- Food containing alcohol
Non-perishable food donations may be dropped off anytime in the drop off box located in the lower level of the Americal Civic Center, 467 Main Street, Wakefield, MA or at our many drop off locations around town:
- William J. Lee Town Hall, 1 Lafayette Street
- The Beebe Library, 345 Main Street
- The Savings Bank: 599 North Avenue branch and 907 Main Street Greenwood branch
- The Public Safety Building, 1 Union Street
- Shaw’s Supermarket at 134 Water Street
- East Boston Savings Bank, 381 Main Street
- Early Harvest Diner, 25 Broadway Street
For large donations, please contact us to arrange a pick up or delivery.
Run a Food Drive
Consider hosting a food drive to help your Wakefield neighbors in need! Below are some tips to running a successful food drive. Please contact us for guidance and resources.
- When do you want to run a food drive?
- What types of food do you want to collect?
- Do you need any supplies?
- Do you have boxes for collecting food?
Set A Goal
- How much food do you want to collect?
- Do groups, clients, or departments want to challenge each other?
Promote Your Food Drive
- Make flyers and send emails with details.
- Where can the food be dropped off?
- What types of food can people donate? (See our list of most needed items)
- When is the food driving happening?
- Who is in charge?
Collect the Donation
- How is the food going to get to the Food Pantry?
Tell Everyone About Your Success!
- Take pictures and share with participants, the newspaper and the Food Pantry!
- Write a follow up story that can be used with your photos. We can help with this too! Just email us with a request.