Since 1990 – nearly 30 years — young people across the country have been leading the charge and inspiring others to collect dollars and food during the weeks leading up to the Big Game — Super Bowl LII on February 4, 2018. And with the Patriots competing for the championship, the excitement around this football game should feed into the energy of this important endeavor to tackle hunger.
If you are hosting a Super Bowl party or hanging in to watch the game, please consider gathering non-perishable food items (how about hearty soups, chili and stews?) to donate to the Wakefield Interfaith Food Pantry. There are many places around Wakefield to drop off collected food items.
Non-perishable food donations may be donated anytime at the drop off box located in the lower level of the Americal Civic Center, 467 Main Street, Wakefield, MA or at our many drop off locations around town:
- William J. Lee Town Hall, 1 Lafayette Street
- The Beebe Library, 345 Main Street
- The Savings Bank: 599 North Avenue branch and 907 Main Street Greenwood branch
- The Public Safety Building, 1 Union Street
- Shaw’s Supermarket at 134 Water Street
- East Boston Savings Bank, 381 Main Street
- Early Harvest Diner, 25 Broadway Street
Financial donations are also most welcome. Please send your contribution to the Wakefield Interfaith Food Pantry, P. O. Box 1624, Wakefield, MA 01880. For more information, please visit www.wifoodpantry.org.
Many thanks and GO PATS!